Bristol Aquarium is committed to providing maximum accessibility for all our customers to enjoy all of the displays we have on offer.
- We offer free entry for a carer of a disabled visitor should they need one. If you bring along proof of disability (i.e. DLA letter) we will offer one additional free carer ticket. Visitors with disabilities will need to purchase the ticket suitable for them (Standard, Junior or Concession).
- Access is available to the whole aquarium for service dogs, wheelchairs and mobility scooters.
- The aquarium has ramps throughout and multi-level viewing.
- We have one wheelchair available for visitors to use free of charge. Please call us at 0117 929 8929 to book this out.
- There are two accessible toilets located on the ground floor, both approximately 50m into the aquarium on the ground floor (one is unlocked and includes a baby change area, the other is a RADAR key operated bathroom, a key can be obtained from our welcome desk). These facilities are available for paying and non-paying visitors.
- A hearing loop is in operation at the entrance of the Aquarium, as well as some parts of the displays area.
- Talks and feeding demonstrations are announced throughout the aquarium over a tannoy system and are also displayed on at the entrance on a TV screen.
- Please note we do not have our own car parking facilities.
- In some areas of the Aquarium there is low lighting for the welfare of our marine life, creating a more natural environment for them.
- Some staff have disability awareness, BSL and Next Generation Text training.