Bristol Aquarium is committed to providing maximum accessibility for all our customers to enjoy all of the displays we have on offer.
- We offer free entry for the registered carer of a disabled visitor. If you bring along proof of carer status (e.g. Carer’s Allowance, Carer Card, letter from GP outlining the need for a registered carer). Visitors with disabilities will need to purchase the ticket suitable for them (Standard, Junior or Concession).
- Access is available to the whole aquarium for service dogs, wheelchairs and mobility scooters.
- The aquarium has ramps throughout and multi-level viewing.
- We have one wheelchair available for visitors to use free of charge. (There is a £25 deposit) Please call us at 0117 929 8929 to book this out.
- There are three accessible toilets located on the ground floor, all approximately 50m into the aquarium on the ground floor. These facilities are available for paying and non-paying visitors.
- A hearing loop is in operation at the entrance of the Aquarium, as well as some parts of the displays area.
- Talks and feeding demonstrations are announced throughout the aquarium over a tannoy system and are also displayed on at the entrance on a TV screen.
- Please note we do not have our own car parking facilities.
- In some areas of the Aquarium there is low lighting for the welfare of our marine life, creating a more natural environment for them.
- Some staff have disability awareness, BSL and Next Generation Text training.