Oakwood Theme Park, one of Wale’s top tourist attractions and one of the top ten theme parks in the UK has an opening for a Maintenance Manager to join its team. Reporting to the Deputy Manager – Operations, we are now looking for a pro-active person with a high attention to detail to assist in the maintenance and repairs of the park’s buildings and grounds. Working on a number of projects, from carpentry repairs, painting, refurbishing buildings and gardening, we are looking for a truly versatile person with carpentry and painting experience.
Key responsibilities will include:
• To control all health and safety standards within the department and ensure the attraction is safe for customers and staff particularly when maintenance work is being carried out.
• To ensure all internal and external facilities are in good working order on a day to day basis and fulfil the requirements of the maintenance schedule
• To co-ordinate activities of contractors ensuring work is completed to schedule and within budget
• To manage the maintenance budget and maintenance schedule
• To provide an emergency call-out service
• To assist with the day-to-day management of the Theme Park taking on duty management responsibilities on a rota’d basis.
• To monitor utility usage and advise and implement ‘green’ solutions having a regard for conservation and the environment
The role will work with and guide external contractors as necessary and advise the Operations Manager of maintenance priorities. A strong sense of teamwork will be necessary to help around the Park as required on both a planned and ad-hoc basis and a reasonable level of fitness is essential. The successful candidate will be expected to be very personable and able to communicate well with the visitors.
A qualification or a completed apprenticeship in carpentry would be an advantage. Experience within the leisure attraction would also be advantageous but is not essential.
Applicants must hold a full, valid UK drivers licence.
This is a full time year round post working on a rota’d basis which includes regular weekends and bank holidays.
Oakwood Theme Park is owned by Aspro Ocio, a Spanish multinational company with its headquarters based in Madrid. Aspro owns and operates over 40 leisure attractions across Europe.
Here in the UK Aspro owns and operates Blue Planet Aquarium, Deep Sea World, Bristol Aquarium, 4 Blue Reef Aquariums, Smugglers Adventure and Oakwood Theme Park.
If interested, please send your CV and covering letter to: Janeen Pickup, Aspro UK Group HR Manager, c/o Blue Planet Aquarium, Cheshire Oaks, Cheshire, CH65 9LF. Or email us at: [email protected]
Closing date for applications: 1st August 2013
Oakwood Theme Park is committed to Equal Opportunities: www.oakwoodthemepark.co.uk
We do recognize the time and effort it takes to apply for a position, but as an employer of choice we receive a high volume of applications and in the interests of economy, Aspro UK does not notify candidates who have been unsuccessful in their application; consequently if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.