Deep Sea World, Scotland’s National Aquarium, has an exciting opportunity for a creative, persuasive and pro-active individual to join us as a Sales & Marketing Executive.
This is a varied and challenging role and your responsibilities lie both off site and on site and knowing the environment from which we draw our visitors will be an advantage. Attention to detail and the ability to analyse marketing information to develop new business opportunities are a major part of this role. You will need to have communication skills which are second-to-none, be a skilled negotiator, who’s able to deal with difficult situations and resolve them easily. Enthusiastic and knowledgeable you’ll love working with a diverse range of audiences from domestic visitors to corporate clients and suppliers.
Hitting the ground running, you’ll have the key task of devising a sales and marketing strategy in order to drive and grow visitor numbers. Your marketing strategy will be about sharing the Deep Sea World story, encouraging others to feel as passionate as you do about Deep Sea World and creating inspiring campaigns which result in lasting memories.
To be successful you will need to be:
• Have a proactive approach to generating new business from domestic visitor markets, educational providers, corporate clients and tourists;
• Devising strategies to drive online traffic to the website
• Experienced managing and planning the full marketing mix
• The role will be key in the acquisition of new customers, as well as retention of existing customers through a variety of marketing off line & online campaigns, while staying within the budgetary constraints of the department.
• Must have proactive sales experience and a ‘go get them’ approach to sales;
• Drive brand awareness, prospect and customer engagement, and lead generation through partnerships
• Demonstrate experience in social media, digital marketing and understanding of the role that the internet plays in Deep Sea World’s communication mix
• Responsible for the digital strategy and execution of all digital marketing channels including PPC, display and SEO;
• Providing, refreshing and coordinating content for Deep Sea World’s website;
• Be goal and target orientated, motivated to succeed by creating personal challenges with a strong focus on achieving targeted results as well as be able to work autonomously while dealing with a heavy workload;
• Confident and able to maintain rapport in all situations; over the phone and face to face.
• Good copy writing skills as well as excellent, communication, interpersonal and reasoning skills
• Relevant Degree or professional qualification
• Experienced in B2C essential, ideally within Leisure or Hospitality
• Strong presentations skills – ability to speak in public
• Flexible team worker
• Result drive and delivery focused. Enthusiasm, energy and determination to achieve result
• Highly organised, flexible and be able to prioritise
This is a full time post which involves working 5 days a week and often includes working weekends and Bank Holidays. A full driving licence is essential. The successful applicant will form part of Deep Sea World’s management team and will therefore be involved in duty management and occasional operational responsibilities.
If you have the attributes, experience and enthusiasm we are looking for please apply with covering letter along with your CV, outlining your salary expectations to Janeen Pickup, Group HR Manager, c/o Blue Planet Aquarium, Cheshire Oaks, Cheshire, CH65 9LF. Email: [email protected]
Aspro Ocio is a Spanish multinational company with its headquarters based in Madrid. Aspro owns and operates over 40 leisure attractions across Europe.
Here in the UK Aspro owns and operates Blue Planet Aquarium, Deep Sea World, Bristol Aquarium, 4 Blue Reef Aquariums, Smugglers Adventure and Oakwood Theme Park.
Applications must be received by Monday, 22nd April 2013
Deep Sea World is Committed to Equal Opportunities www.deepseaworld.co.uk
We do recognize the time and effort it takes to apply for a position, but as an employer of choice we receive a high volume of applications and in the interests of economy, Aspro UK does not notify candidates who have been unsuccessful in their application; consequently if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.